Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Escape

Hello,


This is a topic that i've wanted to talk about for a while.

It may sound a bit silly but I really want to convey what I'm feeling about this certain subject.

Escape.

A technique that is used in SuckerPunch,
I've just realized that I haven't blogged about that movie.. Which is a shame because it IS BEAUTIFUL!

I want to talk about it but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.. Ha! Who am I kidding, the people who read my blog.. The whole 4 have probably already seen it.. ah well..

I just loved it because it basically tells you, If you dont like the situation that your in, or you just need to get away from the pain, sorrow or boredom...Simply escape through your mind

Gather your courage, your will , the drive to get someone you want all these things are stronger then a sword or a gun. Courage lasts, it courses through you, it can become you until all that's left is a strong-willed unstoppable person.

   Though its just a movie I use the Escape technique often, and to my surprise it works.

I've always had an overactive imagination, I day-dreamed all day in school, and in church when I was little. When I didn't like what was going on, I could fill the world I was seeing with scenarios,

The floor could open up and led to strange places, or the chalk board would slide down and I'd climb through to a place far away from where I started.

Growing up, going through high school, it stuck with me... but not so childish.. I don't want you to think of me as some spacey guy, some weirdo always staring at the ceiling and looking lost..

I have found I can leave whenever I want, I have just recently tried it at the gym. I was on the elliptical and I was only 5 minutes in... I closed my eyes, and the movie that was playing.. I think it was 50 First Dates.. faded.. the machine whir slowed and I was alone.

I was running through fields, dangerously fast, running jumping. Never tiring, Never slowing, Finding lost things, basically running through the landscape of my mind. Imagining this maze that is ever growing,

I open my eyes and the sweat stings them, the number on the machine says 60 minutes. I'm not tired, but I step off and i'm still running, not sure if its in my head but its hard to walk slow.

I feel great, I open the door and leave the darkened room and journey to the machines, wishing and craving the feeling of slipping away, creating Mundane into Magnificent.


The mind is a very powerful thing,

Try changing your world, open secret passageways in the office when your watching the clock tick away.

Turn your shopping cart into a Mario Kart speedway, and surf through the store.

Some people say that dwelling in your imagination is an unheathly place, because your never apart of the normal world..

But I see it as making life more exciting, dealing with what you've been given and making the best of it.

Me and J.P. are doing great.

I am done messing around with other guys, as hard as it might be.. He Loves me.. I owe it to him to give him my all.

Close your eyes, find your Escape and leave the boring behind.. ...DO IT!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment